Work is currently (October 2013) ongoing to implement a series of improvements to Roundhay Road between Roseville Road and Harehills Road junctions. The work is scheduled to be completed before Christmas and includes:
- a peak-period outbound bus, cycle & taxi lane
- the introduction of traffic signals at the Shepherds Lane junction
- the introduction at one-way streets at key locations to facilitate traffic signals
- improvements to and the provision of additional pedestrian crossing facilities
- formalised traffic lanes and turning manoeuvres to improve road safety
- a review of the parking restrictions along this section of Roundhay Road to meet local need.
The council say 'the majority of the works will be carried out during off-peak periods with two-way traffic flows as normal, though lanes will be narrowed. In addition, it may be necessary to utilise 2-way traffic signals during the construction of central islands in order to maintain safety. This will be assessed whilst on site and, if required, done in the early stages of the programme with additional resources to ensure the works duration is maintained.'
Updates on this project can be found www.leeds.gov.uk/roundhayrd. The plan of the works (HDC-716738-TRO-03) is attached to this page.